Friday, June 23, 2017

Reader Ideas

For whatever reason Eric Filler doesn't get much fan mail even though I put my email in every book and on the Amazon profile page.  But here was an interesting piece of mail.  Not really a fan letter; instead it's a list of books I should write for...reasons.
Dear Mr. Filler,
I have a few suggestions for some books you should consider writing.
Changed into an Ancient Egyptian handmaiden 
Changed into a sexy mermaid 
Changed into a pregnant Australian woman
Changed into a Japanese woman
Changed into a Arab woman
Changed into her boobs

Thanks
Some of those are kinda interesting.  An Egyptian handmaiden (or why not a princess or queen?) might be interesting, kind of like the flashbacks in the Brendan Fraser Mummy movies.  The mermaid one seems problematic.  I mean how does a mermaid have sex?  I guess if she gained legs and came on shore that could work; otherwise it'd just be weird. 

A "pregnant Australian woman?"  Why?  What does being Australian add to it?  And I've done plenty of pregnancy ones, including the latest novella Sympathy Pains:  Gender Swapped & Pregnant.  Changed Into a Japanese woman is kinda the same thing:  I've done the Asian woman story a few times, so I don't really see any point to narrowing it to Japanese.  Also, I'm not Japanese or Australian.

The Arab woman could be a little more interesting.  I have done that in a couple of stories, but there's at least some possibility there of becoming a woman in a repressive society.

The Changed Into Her Boobs is an interesting one.  I'm not sure you can make a good narrative from the point of view of a pair of boobs.  It is possible I guess.

I tried to thank this person but the email came back saying the address was invalid.  Since they didn't send any pictures or attachments I wouldn't think it was a virus.  Kind of weird to make up a fake email address just to send me that.

Anyway, as Bill Simmons used to say, "Yup, those are my readers."

2 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

That guy has unusually specific requests. As for the mermaid idea I'll just reference Futurama: "Oh, why couldn't she be the other kind of mermaid, with the fish part on the top and the lady part on the bottom?" - Fry

Cindy said...

Strange the email address didn't work. Couldn't help laughing at last one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...