Friday, November 17, 2017

Storypalooza: Help Wanted

The second of nonfiction ideas.  This would be tales from job searches in the recent past.

I'd go through the various hassles of resume writing, search engines, applications, and of course interviews.  Like how annoying some of these online applications are when you have to create a login for a site you'll likely never visit again and then fill out tests of like 100 questions, the answers to most of which are bullshit.  And interviews like one where they only asked like 3 questions before checking out.  Or one where a lady called me and said she had 3 wonderful jobs...until I showed up the next day (driving about 40 miles in cold, damp weather) when all the sudden there was maybe only 1 job she could put me up for.  As a postscript, then like two months later she emails me like we'd never met before.

You know, just all the headaches people go through in the job search.  Especially people like me who aren't good at it.  Maybe someone would find it amusing.  Or enlightening.  Whatever.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Well...there are already a lot of books like this out there already. If you could find a way to make it unique, then it might do well.

stephen Hayes said...

I've never received a job offer for anything I was qualified to do. All the jobs I've had, I faked experience until I had it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...