Monday, March 19, 2018

#AtoZChallenge Topic Revealed!

Actually I revealed the topic last year when I did an A to Z Challenge on Transformers figures.  In the reflections post I outlined doing a similar one for GI JOE figures.  And so next month it begins!

I'm doing it in the same format as the Transformers one with one GI JOE and one COBRA per day--when applicable.  Some letters there wasn't a COBRA and Y I had to get a little creative.

Since I doubt most people will care that much I didn't exactly kill myself on this.  I spent a couple of hours copying and pasting pictures and a couple more writing some brief notes.  Except for one case I focus on the Real American Hero line from 1982-1994, not the 60s version because that wouldn't have been too helpful; I think there was just one guy.

As an extension of that I talk about the cartoon series, of which in the 80s to early 90s you had two.  The first was made by Marvel/Sunbow from 1983-1986 with an animated movie afterwards.  Then there was a lower-rent one made by DIC from 88-91 or so.

And in a few cases I mention the live action movies from 2009 and 2013.  A lot of the information and pictures come from YoJoe.com, a very helpful resource on this topic.

I haven't read the Marvel comics in many, many years so except for a couple of instances I don't talk about that a lot.  Or the later ones by IDW or other publishers, most of which I've never read.

Have I lowered already low expectations enough?  It starts on April 1st, which is a Sunday and then continues Monday-Saturday until April 30th.

2 comments:

Christopher Dilloway said...

I'm interested to see what you've put together

Unknown said...

After watching the origins of G.I. Joe these posts are fascinating, we'll be back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...