Friday, October 5, 2018

CYA: Cover, You Ass

I know at least once I've pointed out covers with typos on them or that were just bad.  Apparently some people didn't get the message, so here are some more:

Besides using the same title as my 32-book series (more like 50-something with holiday titles) the cover said Volume 3 but the page originally said Volume 2.  So which was it?  Duh.

This one is a bit more complicated:

It says "Into HIS Sister" but he's turned into a girl who isn't replacing his sister.  And since HE no longer exists, how can he be HIS sister?  Really it should be "HER Sister" because the guy becomes the sister of his sister, not the sister of himself.  But Lisa Change doesn't give a shit about detail.  Case in point:


SCHOOLGIRL, not SCHOOL GIRL!

Schoolgirl is one word, damn it!  Not two words.  I've pointed this out at least once but she doesn't care.  She keeps doing it wrong anyway.  And gets more five-star reviews than I do.  Probably sells more books too.  SMH.

Here's a bonus one that just looked really bad to me.  Look at the way the bulldog looks like he's sitting on the water, totally out of scale:
WTF is going on here?

I guess some people really shouldn't make their own covers.

4 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Yeah those covers are pretty messed up. I wouldn’t have caught the schoolgirl thing but then I’m not a professional writer.

PT Dilloway said...

I'm not either. 😂

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I guess the gender swap thing is turning out to be pretty lucrative.

Cindy said...

I had to look up the one with the bulldog. They say you should be able to tell the genre of the book by cover. Well, since I couldn't I was curious. The author has several other mystery books most with bulldogs on the cover. Some of the covers are much better than this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...