Friday, January 31, 2020

February is the Rankest Month

Even before the Internet, people liked lists.  Like David Letterman's old Top 10 lists.  The Internet only made lists even more prevalent, mostly because they're easy to write and can create a lot of discussion.  Hence more traffic, hence more ad revenue.

I started doing a couple of entries ranking movies and then I thought, "Why not just do this all month?"  Yeah, why not?  It helps February is the shortest month so I only need to come up with 12 entries.

Anyway, so starting on Monday I'll be ranking stuff.  Mostly movies and TV shows that you might be familiar with.  And some probably not as much.  Feel free to weigh in and tell all your friends to read the rankings and provide their thoughts for all those sweet, sweet page views.  Not that I get any money or anything, but still.

If you're that person who doesn't like reading lists ranking stuff, I guess come back in March.

To kick things off, here's a ranking of Halloween movies I posted on Facebook last October:

11.  Halloween III: So, so utterly stupid that it needs a guy and two robot puppets at the bottom of the screen
10.  Halloween 2018: Boooooooorrrrrinnnnng.
9.  Halloween 2 (Rob Zombie version): Makes you root for Michael Myers to kill all the obnoxious people in the movie.
8.  Halloween 6: The Producer's Cut makes some amount of sense but not even Paul Rudd can salvage the mess
7.  Halloween 5: Generic horror movie with a lame twist at the end
6.  Halloween H20: Booooorrring. And it gave the world Josh Hartnett. Ugh.
5.  Halloween 2 Original: Boooooorrring.
4.  Halloween 1 (Rob Zombie version): Overly long but not as annoying as the sequel.
3.  Halloween 4: The Force Awakens of the franchise as it's basically an update of the first movie
2.  Halloween Resurrection A fun twist on the formula and prescient about reality TV culture
1.  Halloween The OG Halloween movie!  It's a classic. Nuff said.

2 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

That is a great idea! I haven't seen all the movies but I remember Halloween II being really weird and nothing like the first one. I guess they planned to make it an anthology. The first one ranks right up with Friday the 13th as a trend-setter even today. As for the others I haven't seen them and am not interested. Although Halloween Resurrection sounds fun. I wonder what they'll call Halloween (2018) II?

Tony Laplume said...

And here I am, never having even seen one of these.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...