Friday, May 14, 2021

A to Z Challenge Reflections

 I'm writing this before the A to Z Challenge.  I threw something together in fairly short order on Star Wars Black Series figures.  I just mostly posted pictures of them and maybe threw in some notes about who the characters are.  I didn't do tons of research on the history of the figures or reviewing them since a lot of them I don't own.  It was kind of half-assed.

There were more comments than prior years.  I guess it helps when you do something popular like Star Wars.  Not a lot of scintillating conversation but maybe you learned about Star Wars figures that exist.

In the Vader entry I mentioned he was at the top of my list of figures to someday buy.  So what other figures would I want to buy?  Not just Star Wars ones either; I'll throw in some Marvel Legends, GI Joe, or maybe DC Multiverse ones in there.

  • Darth Vader
  • Boba Fett
  • Wolverine--Yellow Spandex
  • Deadpool--Normal Red
  • Phoenix or Dark Phoenix--Comic Book costumes
  • Luke Skywalker--Return of the Jedi black suit
  • Darth Maul
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode III or Clone Wars)
  • Anakin Skywalker (Also Episode III or Clone Wars)
  • Kanan Jarrus
  • Ezra Bridger
  • Zeb
  • Lady Jaye
  • Flint
  • Destro
  • Beachhead
  • Firestorm
  • Kilowog
  • Alfred Pennyworth
  • J Jonah Jameson

At the top of figures I wish they would make is a Mara Jade figure from the Timothy Zahn books and some of the video games.  I know my brother would like a movie Iron Man with a real RDJ head.

And then here are some action figures to make from some of my stories:

Tales of the Scarlet Knight:

  • The Scarlet Knight v1 (yellow cape/sword)
  • The Scarlet Knight v2 (silver cape/sword)
  • Future Scarlet Knight (Louise Earl)
  • The Black Dragoon (Ian MacGregor)
  • Future Black Dragoons (with interchangeable hands for swords or maces)
  • The Sewer Rat
  • Sylvia Joubert (old)
  • Sylvia Joubert (young)
  • Detective Lottie Donovan

Girl Power:

  • Midnight Spectre
  • Velocity Gal (Allison)
  • Apex Girl v1 (Long hair)
  • Mermaid
  • The Outcast
  • Velocity Kid
  • Velocity Gal (Sally)
  • Apex Girl v2 (short hair)
  • Queen Mermaid
  • Hitter
  • Ion Girl
  • Killer Whale
  • Neanderthal
  • Apex Man
  • Midnight Spectre (male)
  • Velocity Man
  • King Neptune

Gender Swap Heroes:

  • Dark Specter (male)
  • Golden Idol (male)
  • Dark Specter (female)
  • Golden Idol (female)
  • Dark Specter's former sidekick
  • Bluestreak
  • Electric Girl
  • (The ones from the 3rd book I don't remember the names of right now)

For Chance of a Lifetime I'd rather have a Barbie-sized Stacey Chance figure than a six inch one.  Besides the original Stacey then we could have the different versions of her from the two other books.

As for next year, I was thinking since I did Transformers, GI JOE, and now Star Wars figures, maybe I could do some other 80s-90s toy lines for an A to Z Challenge, sort of like the Toy Galaxy videos and stuff.  But I don't have some of the letters yet.  So far all I have is:

  • Air Raiders
  • Battle Beasts
  • COPS
  • Dino Riders
  • Eagle Force
  • Food Fighters
  • GoBots
  • He-Man
  • Inhumanoids
  • Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
  • Karate Kommandos
  • Lazer Tag
  • MUSCLE
  • Nintendo
  • Omnibot
  • Pound Puppies
  • Q?
  • Real Ghostbusters
  • Silverhawks
  • Thundercats
  • U?
  • Visionairies
  • WWF Superstars
  • X?
  • Y?
  • Zoids

2 comments:

Christopher Dilloway said...

they finally are doing an RDJ Iron Man...paired with a rehashed Thanos in a box set for almost $70 and the preorder sold out in minutes. :(

I like the idea for next year. Back to the usual suspects for the missing letters lol

Cindy said...

On your list for next year, the only ones I would know of are the WWE Superstars. Even then, the wrestlers I know best are from the 80s and 90s.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...