Monday, August 16, 2021

Listen Up Y'All It's A Sabotage: Amazon is Your Frenemy, Ad Nauseum

 About a month ago Eric Filler released his next magna opus:  The Magic Panties 2.  Mostly because The Magic Panties 1 sold pretty well and inexplicably got good ratings.  And I had an idea I pulled from a manga I read where to get a girl to like him, a guy wears a girl's name in his underpants.  That gave me the idea of using sort of a similar device:  a dorky high school kid wants the most popular girl to like him, so he uses this magic spell while wearing a stolen pair of her panties.  But instead of getting her to like him, he becomes a girl, but in the process she does finally notice him and goes out with him, so in a way it does actually work...

Anyway, this was the original cover I loaded using a picture I found online.  It is a bit risque..



Apparently it was so risque that when I went to the book's page on Amazon there was no cover image!  They didn't block the book or send me an email to tell me to change it.  Nope, they just didn't show it.  Not on any of the subsidiary sites either--or the ones I checked.

I waited a day or so in case it might show up, but when it didn't, I tried another cover.  I'd say it's less risque...


But apparently Amazon didn't think so because still there was no cover image!  I waited a while and then finally said the hell with it and just used one of their images on their templates:

I think on the very bottom left are panties!

It sucks, but apparently that's all Amazon will let me do.  I could probably go find a bunch of other books that have as risque or even more risque covers.  It's like how Amazon won't let ME do age regression books anymore, but it's perfectly OK for everyone else to do it--even after you tell Amazon someone is doing it in clear violation of their rules by putting it in the Erotica category.

Anyway, I just felt like they were sabotaging me by putting the book up but not including the cover.  Not having a cover would probably hurt my sales.  And then I have to use some crappy template.  Argh.  It's a real pain in the rectum.  And on top of that they aren't showing the number of pages, which is something that used to only happen to books in Erotica, which this isn't.  I'm not sure how important that is, but it's just irritating, especially when they didn't do it to books I loaded afterwards that were in the same categories.

So for the nth time:  Amazon is your frenemy.  They'll sabotage you if they feel like it while still taking their 35% of your sales.  And you might say:  well you shouldn't post such a risque cover!  Yeah, sure, but if you don't like it, just tell me that.  Block the whole book or send me an email.  Blocking just the cover without explanation is passive-aggressive bullshit.  It's...



2 comments:

Cindy said...

I remember way back there was some sort of controversy with Kindle books and erotica/romance. Unfortunately, I don't remember the details. So I went and found this link.

https://the-digital-reader.com/2018/03/29/amazon-has-shadow-banned-romance-titles-from-the-kindle-store/

It seems that if it's not erotica, but it looks like erotica...they will probably consider it erotica.

Arion said...

Damn! That's censorship! Amazon shouldn't do that to you

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...