Friday, January 7, 2022

What Do Batgirl and The Scarlet Knight Have in Common?

 Not quite 4 years ago, I scribbled out an idea for a Batgirl movie.  Of course now they're going to do one not based on my idea.  Which means it'll probably suck.

Any excuse to use this photo

I was thinking that I could repurpose part of that idea into a Scarlet Knight story.  Instead of a sequel or a prequel, it'd probably be a midquel.  There are plenty of places between books where I could fit it in:  between 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, or 6-7 would be best as at the end of 5 Emma is pregnant and there's really no gap between 7 & 8.  Between 1-2, 2-3 or 4-5 would probably be the best because between 3-4 Emma is struggling to find a job and between 6-7 she starts getting more brutal and crazy after her baby "dies."

So anyway, the Batgirl story was about Barbara starting a new life after learning to walk again but then she's stalked by someone who turns out to be her crazy brother James Jr.  I wouldn't really need all the stuff about her rebuilding her life (though I could use it in the gap between 4-5 where Emma is starting a new teaching job and moving in with Becky) but the rest of it would work.

I never go too much into Emma's parents before they had her.  So maybe one of her parents had an illegitimate kid.  A kid who's a bad seed and starts stalking Emma.  And maybe finds out she's the Scarlet Knight.  And then she has to stop him without killing him because he's her brother.  It could also be her Aunt Gladys's kid, which might fit into the 2-3 gap just after Aunt Gladys dies and Emma briefly got her parents back in an alternate timeline.  There would probably need to be another villain to provide the action; I don't really know who or what that would be.

I probably won't ever get around to it; it's just one of those thoughts I had one day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...