Friday, March 1, 2019

Upping the Ante

I talked in the last entry about going bigger with each book.  Book 1 of the Gender Swap Outbreak series introduced the plague into a small town.  Book 2 starts to spread it even wider with two versions of the virus.

Type 1 of the virus affects adult males and turns them into women who gradually turn into Barbie-like sluts.  It's spread through bites, scratches, or especially sexual intercourse.

Type 2 of the virus affects everyone, turning them into little girls who crave living flesh and can infect anyone else with a bite or scratch.

Book 3 by me (they're all by me but this one has this me's name on it) has the virus spreading throughout America over the next 18 months, though mostly in the South, including Florida and Texas because it started in Alabama.

The story focuses on a group of Army soldiers who have been combating the infected.  When it starts they're sent into Oklahoma City to scout around.  Things go wrong and they have to evacuate, racing a herd of ghouls to the top of the tallest building to...

They're taken to their headquarters outside Omaha (which is supposed to show how fucked things are when Omaha is a major base of operations) and given a new assignment to break into a facility commandeered by Type 1s under the sway of Bobbi Guin, the main character of the first book.

Except...

The soldiers are infected with a new strain of the virus, a Type 3.  This turns them into grown women who don't become huge sluts.  They're pretty much normal.  But because they're infected, they are basically invisible to the Type 2 ghouls.  (Kind of like in The Walking Dead where the Whisperers and such dress up in zombie flesh and guts to be invisible.)  This will allow them to reach their ultimate goal:  Mobile, Alabama, where it's believed Jo Wallace is hiding but drones can't see her and no one has come back alive.  The idea is to capture her and bring her back for study.  If they fail, then bombers will nuke the city to take Jo out and that way maybe throw the Type 2s into chaos so they can be defeated.

First the soldiers have to adjust to being women.  Then they have to get to Mobile, which takes some Apocalypse Now-type turns.  And there's also some romance.

Since I needed a group of soldiers and last year I did my A to Z Challenge on it, I made a squad based on GI JOE characters.  The head of the squad--and our narrator--is Flint, his second-in-command is Stalker, and then the rest of the unit is Gung Ho, Roadblock, Blowtorch, Doc, and Dial Tone.  A feminized Lifeline is a civilian scientist who serves as a guide.  Later they run into Shipwreck to get a boat for their mission.  Grunt and Iceberg are killed early on in the story.  Scoop is attached to the unit at the beginning as an embedded reporter.  Duke is mentioned as a prior casualty and the general is based on General Hawk.

Since in the TV show Flint and Lady Jaye were somewhat of an item, I thought it would be fun if Flint turns into a chick who looks like Lady Jaye.  Blowtorch turns into sort of Scarlett.  Dial Tone sort of turns into the evil Baroness.  So there you go.



He actually looks more like Leatherneck because I couldn't find a shirtless vest.






Can you believe I couldn't find a sailor hat or even a proper denim shirt on The Sims Resource for Shipwreck?
Unlike the other two parts this is written a lot like Chance of a Lifetime with the first person and less emphasis on sex, though it's in past tense instead of present.  I think that helps to mix it up enough that all the books won't feel the same.

Anyway, all three parts are out now and eventually maybe I'll do an omnibus.  Though I think it's a neat idea some jackass will probably complain about having to buy three parts for the whole story.  Like I invented the whole idea of serial storytelling.  Seriously that happened when I tried connecting 3 stories of my Transformed series; this "Bear Hunter" fucker whined because the whole story wasn't in one book.  Like he's never read a series before?  What an asshat.

Here are the covers I went through from the more traditional to the finished product:
The camouflage is a little hard to see in grayscale.

Go buy all three parts and spread the word!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I've wanted to comment more, but have been swamped. I like the cover with the gas mask, and my only thought is for any of those with head, don't show the neck.

Arion said...

I like the cover as well. But I especially like the idea of how the virus spreads!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...