Friday, January 26, 2024

Celebrate Groundhog Day With A Blast From Blogger Past!

 Since Groundhog Day falls on a Friday, I decided to have a little fun with it.  The famous (or infamous) movie Groundhog Day is about Bill Murray's selfish weatherman getting caught in a time loop of one particular Groundhog Day in a small Pennsylvania town I'm not going to look up to spell correctly.

I got thinking that it'd be fun then to do my own little homage to Groundhog Day by picking a random old post to loop back to on February 2nd.  I did it by using a random date generator, which took a few tries then to find a date that wasn't on a weekend or otherwise when I didn't blog.  Then I copied and pasted the blog post.  I find the easiest way to do that in Blogger is to go into the edit screen and select the HTML view and just copy the code.  Then create a new entry and paste the code in the HTML view.


Of course that only is for Blogger; anyone who uses Wordpress or some other site would have a different setup.

Anyway, if anyone reads this, I thought maybe other people could do this for their blog on February 2nd.  Not an official "blogfest" but maybe an unofficial one if you've got nothing better going on.  From what I've seen the last few years, most people don't.

And come back February 2nd to see what the random generator picked!

1 comment:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

This sounds kinda fun. I don't think I'll participate. But the idea is pretty innovative.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...