Saturday, May 18, 2013

Before and After

I've been playing around more with the Sims 3.  I spent some time downloading hairs and clothes and such to make them better than the standard game options.  The best new thing about the program is being able to recolor clothes and accessories as well as hair and eyes.  I was playing around at trying to create some characters I made in the Sims 2 in the Sims 3.
This is Stacey Chance as you should know by now.  As you can see, she's got the same hairstyle, but the Sims 3 color is a tad different.  The hoodie sweatshirt with the green accent and black T-shirt is actually much closer to what Stacey wears in the book than the Sims 2 variant.

You should recognize this one as Dr. Emma Earl, aka the Scarlet Knight.  She's a little bit different, but for the most part I think she looks pretty similar.  As you can see, she's not a supermodel.

This is young Emma.  I thought I had zits installed in the game but I can't find them, so lucky for her.  I think the Sims 3 one for this turned out pretty good.

Besides being able to recolor stuff, the next best thing about the Sims 3 is being able to make fat characters.  Before as you can see they didn't turn out looking all that great because you had to manually puff out cheeks and download clothes specially designed to make her fatter.  So Emma's friend Becky Beech looks better in the Sims 3. 
This is Dr. Dan Dreyfus, Emma and Becky's beau.  He looks a lot studlier in the Sims 3.  Besides making characters fatter, you can also make them more muscular.  So while Dan is a nerdy scientist, as you can see he also keeps in shape.  (Being able to make hulking dudes with six-pack abs is a good reason for Michael Offutt to go buy this game.)

This is Kari.  I think the face is better on the Sims 3 one though I like the shininess of the hair in the Sims 2 one.  And I don't know why there aren't necklaces in the Sims 3 except with some outfits.  Her neck just looks bare.
 
And this is Val.  The hair is a little bit different, but it was nice I could recolor the headband in the program instead of having to do it in PaintShop Pro.  The freckles aren't as visible and the glasses are too shiny in the Sims 3.  I wish I could find the same outfit for the Sims 3, but I can't.  Dang it.  If only I could do that myself.

I did find an annoying flaw in the game.  In the Sims 2 pretty much any hair would work on any age Sim from Toddler to Elderly.  For some reason in the Sims 3 hairs are divided between Toddler/Child and Teen-Elderly.  I spent hours then importing child hairs into the game only to find for whatever reason it won't include them!  It was really annoying because I wanted to make Emma's daughter and I had like a dozen crappy choices.  Grrrrr.

The good thing is next year the Sims 4 comes out.  Just think of all the fun I can have with that!

2 comments:

stephen Hayes said...

You're really pushing this technology to the limits. It's exciting to see what you've accomplished.

dolorah said...

The "after" pictures look a lot more natural

......dhole

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...