Friday, December 11, 2020

Action Figures I Like: Batman (Legends of the Dark Knight Walmart Exclusive Version)

I have a bunch of Batman figures and there are literally hundreds more of them you can buy, but the first 6-7-inch figure I bought was the Legends of the Dark Knight Batman that was I think exclusive to Walmart.  As you can tell by looking at it, this figure is from the late 90s.  I mean it has that huge Spawn-style cape and those accentuated Kelley Jones-inspired horns on the head.  It's extreme, brah!



Compared to later figures he isn't that great as he doesn't have a lot of articulation; just the shoulders and upper legs move.  I think what drew me to this back in the 90s is that the rest of the line all had stupid gadgets and gizmos but this was pretty much just a normal Batman in the old blue-and-gray.  I think the Batarang is the one he came with, but it's been so long, who can really say?  

The good thing about that huge Spawn-style cape is it helps give him some counterbalance to stand him up.  And since I bought it like 23 years ago, it was probably a lot less than most figures that size today.

3 comments:

Arion said...

I love it! I'd totally buy it!

Christopher Dilloway said...

the new McFarlane Detective Comics #1000 is a good figure and there's a blue and grey walmart exclusive version too.

Cindy said...

I like how the boots match the cape.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...