Tuesday, September 27, 2022

The Expanse Short Stories Are More Hit Than Miss

Memory's Legion: The Complete Expanse Story CollectionMemory's Legion: The Complete Expanse Story Collection by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As with any short story collection, some are better than others.

  • Drive: It was OK but a little too short. 3/5
  • Butcher of Anderson Station: It was also OK but again maybe a little short. 3/5
  • The Churn: As someone who's read a lot of crime fiction in the last 11 years, it was neat to get a crime story set in The Expanse. And the secret origin of Amos! 5/5
  • Gods of Risk: Another sort of crime story that was good and it helps to fill in what Bobbie was doing during books 3-4. 4/5
  • The Vital Abyss: I thought this story would never end! It was so boring. I really did not care about the secret origin of the mad scientist guy. 1/5
  • Strange Dogs: It was pretty interesting and a lot of it was used in the last season of the TV series, though I'm not sure why if they aren't doing the Laconia books. 4/5
  • Auberon: Another crime story but I just didn't care as much. It would have helped if I'd realized who "the old man" is a little sooner. Spoiler: he's in The Churn. 3/5
  • The Sins of Our Fathers: As the final story (for now) I was hoping for more from this. It kind of does the job to tell us what Filip's up to but I was hoping to see a little more of how colonies like this are doing now that they're on their own. 3/5
View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...