Thursday, May 5, 2016

New Releases! Or New to You Anyway...

Back in November 2012 me, Neil Vogler, and Sean Craven published a book of a bunch of flash fiction stories that was called We Are Now through a new outfit called December House.  I found out last month from Mr. Vogler that the publisher has since folded.  He took the opportunity to fold his stories into a collection called Crash Bang Money, which is available now!
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Dance-Other-Stories-Short-ebook/dp/B01E0BW4XA

I decided to rip off his idea, though I spent far less time and effort on it.  I mean I literally spent less than a half-hour formatting the file and making a cover for what's called Last Dance & Other Stories.  There are 23 flash fiction stories that are a wide variety of literary, sci-fi, and fantasy.  I operated under the philosophy of just doing whatever the hell I wanted instead of working a particular theme or anything.  Plus I saw my role in the project as providing some filler for the better stuff the other guys were doing.  All of the stories are less than 1000 words.

If you did buy We Are Now so long ago (or read them on the website) the file I used is the original I sent to the publisher.  It includes a few stories they didn't include because I guess some of them were just too weird like the first story about the chef at an intergalactic all-you-can-eat buffet.

The titular story is about a soldier in World War II who dies but is given the chance to go back for a last dance with his sweetheart.  I think that was one people liked more.
http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Tales-Scarlet-Knight-Stories-ebook/dp/B01DZ0659Q

There was a second year of flash fiction from December House.  The theme that year was the seven sins.  I was lazy and decided to write mine as all part of one story.  The stories tangentially involve my superhero character the Scarlet Knight, though like comic book series like Astro City, the real focus isn't on the hero but a security guard at a bank who gets overshadowed by the Scarlet Knight during a robbery attempt.  He develops an unhealthy obsession with her and ultimately finds someone who helps him to take his revenge--or try to.  It's called Mortal Sins because it's about sins and the idea is he wants to make the seemingly invincible hero mortal.

I think the stories are supposed to take place between books 4-5 of the series.  Or maybe 1-2.  Or maybe 2-3.  I don't really remember anymore and it's not that important.  You don't need to know anything about the series to read the stories.

They're 99 cents each or free if you have Kindle Unlimited or Amazon Prime and want to borrow it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...