Monday, September 2, 2019

5 Years Ago Grumpy Bulldog Did America

It was five years ago today that I began my three-month tour of America's west and southwest.  Though on this day five years ago I actually went east and north to Port Huron and Lexington, Michigan.  I guess in case I never got the chance to see that again I wanted to take one last look.

In Lexington is a little harbor that really is the first free place along the Lake Huron coast where you can stop and take pictures and stuff.  There is a state park 10-15 miles south of that I can go to for "free" now with a recreation passport thing which has more of a beach and stuff like that.

Anyway, this was the day after Labor Day five years ago.  I figured it was better to go after Labor Day to avoid the traffic and motels would be cheaper and stuff.  I basically squatted in my old apartment for that weekend and left early on Tuesday morning to begin the journey.

I don't think I'll repost the entire thing or anything like that but maybe just go over some of the highlights, not that anyone will care.  A long time ago I made a Google map to show the whole trip. I'm not sure how well it will show up for you.

Here are some pictures from Lexington:














Happy Labor Day

1 comment:

Tony Laplume said...

I still think you could get a good nonfiction book out of it. A Grumpy Tour of America, something like that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...