Wednesday, September 25, 2019

#5BDA Rocky Mountain High

Northern New Mexico isn't like the desert but it was still a pretty big temperature change from Santa Fe to Colorado Springs.  When I got out of the car at the Hampton in Colorado Springs the cold was a real slap in the face.  I had to find my long pants and sweatshirts the couple of days I was there.  But at least it wasn't snowing.










While I was there I got a new memory card for the camera at Best Buy and ate at a restaurant Tony Laplume frequented.  Unfortunately you can't just drop in on the Air Force Academy or it would have been neat to look around there.










It wasn't a really exciting detour but the hotel was nice, especially the breakfast, and I got to see the Rocky Mountains.  But instead of going to Denver or anything I went back south to Las Vegas...New Mexico.  Far less exciting than the Nevada one.

2 comments:

Tony Laplume said...

The restaurant (Thai Basil, for those keeping score), was really more an obsession of my sister's. She probably still compares every Asian eatery to it. I admit I ate some good stuff there. I think my favorite was the sesame chicken.

PT Dilloway said...

Yeah I chickened out on that because the menu said it was spicy but the cashew chicken was good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...