Friday, February 24, 2023

Sims vs AI Art: The Most Pointless Post

 I'm sure no one will care, but when my "friend" Al Sirois mentioned an AI art generator called Wombo, I decided to try it.  You can pick different styles of art and put a picture to use as a reference.  It seemed to work better than Stable Diffusion or another one.

Since you can load a picture, I got the idea to try feeding it Sims I made in Sims 2-4 and see how they'd look.  Some look pretty awesome.

Here's Stacey Chance from Sims 3:


And here's Stacey Chance in AI Art:

Pretty cool even if there's some uncanny valley.  I'm sure other people would like these other ones better:




Here's the Sims 4 Stacey:

And here are the AI Art ones that maybe aren't quite as good as the Sims 3 ones:







I tried a few other filters for a few of them too:



For some reason, the AI Art really struggled with Emma Earl.  It seems to struggle with glasses in general, like it doesn't actually know what glasses look like.

Anyway, here's Sims 2 & 3 Emma:


And here's AI Art Emma:






Not a great improvement.

Here's one of my favorites:  Geek Girl Val in Sims 2:


And here's the AI versions:



Here's my cougar from Transformed Into a Cougar in Sims 4:


And here she is in AI Art:




Here's the purple-haired Goth girl from Transformed into a Goth Girl in the Sims 4:


And here she is in AI Art:




That last one I used the "Comics" filter instead of a more realistic one.

Here's a blonde bimbo in the Sims 4:


And here it is in AI Art:





I forget which story this Asian girl is from, but I made her in the Sims 4:


And here she is in AI Art:




Here's Hitter from Girl Power 3:  League of Evil in the Sims 3:


The AI Art made her look about 8 years old for some reason:


I tried a real picture I used for My Wife Changed Me Into a Pinup Girl just to see what it'd do.  Here's the picture:


And here's what Wombo did:

Pretty good except for the weird hat thing.



Here are versions of the SDF-1 from Robotech in AI Art:



And an armored Veritech robot:



And the Autobot Grapple:



Pretty fun stuff.  In a few weeks I answer that age-old question:  what if you take pictures from one AI generator and use them in another AI generator?  The results are...disappointing, really.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Some are really good, some, not so much.

Cindy said...

Like Alex said. I look forward to those disappointing results...lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...