Thursday, March 31, 2016

A to Z Challenge: Page to Screen

The genesis of my A to Z topic was kind of like that old Reese's Peanut Butter commercial where one guy has chocolate and the other has peanut butter and they get mixed up and one is like, "You got chocolate in my peanut butter!"  And the other is like, "You got peanut butter in my chocolate!"  And blammo, Reese's peanut butter cups!  Only in this case it was, "I like books.  I like movies.  Why not write about books that were turned into movies!?"  Freaking genius.  I'm sure someone else has done it before, but this time it's ME doing it, so that means it's way more important.

I would have liked to find all books I've read that were turned into movies I watched, but sometimes life doesn't work out that way.  Some letters were pretty hard to come up with an entry for.  X was pretty well impossible as you can imagine.  You know what the next hardest was?  K.  Freaking K!  I looked through my bookshelves and my movies and looked up stuff online and it was really hard to watch a movie I'd seen based on a book.  Maybe you have a suggestion for that, though I did come up with something.

Anyway, each entry will be either a book I read or a movie I watched that's based on a book--or both in many cases.  The one where I've read/watched both I will try to compare and contrast them to decide which is better.

So hold on to your butts, because it's going to start Friday with...wait for it...A!  And then B.  And then C.  You should know the drill.  I mean even my nieces know the freaking alphabet and one's 5 and the other 3.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...