Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Two-Fer Tuesday #1

The A to Z Challenge is finally over, which means the new blogging schedule is in effect!  So welcome to the first-ever Two-Fer Tuesday!  This is based on the "Teaser Tuesday" some other blogs use where you go to a random page of what you're reading and post something.

The rules for Two-Fer Tuesday are a bit different.  Using a random number generator I'm picking a page from my forthcoming novel A Hero's Journey and then selecting a paragraph to pick two sentences from.  (Or if it lands on a one-sentence paragraph like dialog I'll just post that sentence and the next one.)


Today the random page number is: 207
And the random paragraph number is: 6

Without further ado, here are your two sentences! 
           
           “Take me home.  Now!”
Thinking of her husband and two children, Early nodded. 
Well, not very much to that one.  Technically it was three sentences but the one was so short I gave you a bonus one.  I'll let you speculate on who is talking and what's going on.  Anyway, better luck next week, I hope.


Tomorrow, being the first Wednesday of the month will be an Insecure Writer's Support Group post.

6 comments:

PR said...

Ooh sounds like someone is in trouble? :)

Rusty Carl said...

That's intersting. I'm glad to know Early at least thinks about her family. Of course, she could be thinking about eating them for all I know, but still...

stephen Hayes said...

That imperious exclamation point suggests to me that someone is angry rather than in trouble.

Briane said...

I kind of feel like this maybe spoiled something in the story. Now, when I read the book, I will know that there comes a time when Early seemingly agrees to take someone home. I hope you reserve some surprises for the book.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I'm with Briane. You gave away way too much.

Maurice Mitchell said...

PT, that's an intriguing set of sentences.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...