Friday, November 27, 2020

Action Figures I Like: Lando Calrissian (Empire Strikes Back)

Lando was I think the second of the main characters from the original trilogy that I got.  I found him at the Ollie's in Farmington a couple of years ago.  It might have been intentional that he was in the very back of the row, like maybe someone was trying to save him until they could come back, so they tried to hide him behind a bunch of shitty Last Jedi figures.  Instead I snatched him up for a whole $6.



This is one of those where the newer technology Hasbro has started to use gives it a pretty good resemblance to Billy Dee Williams.  The clothes he's wearing are pretty spot-on too.  All he comes with is the blaster, but then I don't think there's much else they could have given him.

For $6 it was a good deal, not like the one he struck with Vader.

Here's my homemade shelf (a shallow Amazon box with the flaps cut off) with all the main good guy characters from the original trilogy, though the Chewie is the Solo version and the C3PO is the Force Awakens version and R2D2 is the Galaxy Adventures version that's kind of cheap-looking.  They came out wth a 40th Anniversary Empire Strikes Back R2D2 but spending $20 on a 3-inch droid seems pretty lame to me.  This is cheaper looking but came with a BB8 and that one from the last movie.  So close enough!  I still need to get a Vader at some point.  Maybe an Emperor and Obi-Wan and Wedge; I'd probably need a new box for that.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...