Monday, November 30, 2020

Action Figures I Like: Thor (Marvel 80th Anniversary Edition)

Thor isn't one of my favorite characters, but I don't dislike him either.  I didn't have a Thor figure, but then at Meijer in Wixom they had this 80th Anniversary version of Thor on clearance for only $12.50, so I snapped it up.



He is a really comic book accurate, so he doesn't look like Chris Hemsworth.  The detail is really good; it even has the whole mantra written on his hammer!  They even did a nice job with the box featuring artwork by Alex Ross.

If you're only going to have one Thor and not spend like $100 or more on some really fancy figure, this is the one to get.

BTW, it's kind of a misnomer to say "80th Anniversary" because none of the Marvel characters we know has existed that long except Captain America and Sub-Mariner, back when it was Timely Comics.  I also got the Iron Man figure on clearance at Meijer for the same price.  It's I think based on the 70s/80s version more than the very original or movie version.  I don't really like it as much as Thor though.

1 comment:

Christopher Dilloway said...

also works as an "Adventures in Babysitting" figure lol. I've been wanting a decent movie-verse Iron Man but haven't found one I like

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...