Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Now You Can Manage Series on Amazon

 The other day when I went to the Amazon KDP site, I saw they had added something new:  a tool to manage series.  In the last couple of years Amazon would put books of the same series together, but it was something they did on their own.  But now you can do it yourself.


There are two ways to do it, either add books to an existing series or you can create a new series and add the books yourself.  And there's also an option to add "related" items like omnibuses, prequels, or short stories.  The only thing is there's a message when setting up series that says the related content isn't supported yet.  So I guess it's something that will be added later.  Or not.  Who knows?

One little hitch is you can only add a book to one series.  I was wondering why I couldn't find Another Chance to make a "related" book to the three Chances Are books and it turned out it was because it was already its own series.  So I had to remove that series before I could add it to the other.  Or like the Gender Swap Six Pack that had both the Chances Are and Girl Power series, I could only relate to one series.

Something I noticed was most of my Eric Filler books already had series set up.  It mostly seemed to be older books that didn't have anything set up.  So if you have written series on Amazon, it could already be set up or it might not.

One good thing was it allowed me to fix something stupid Amazon did.  For some reason they had the first book of the Gender Swap Heroes series listed with the second and third books of the Gender Swap Detective series.  I was able now to get the right books listed under the right series.

Anyway, if you have books on Amazon, maybe check it out.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I like it! Now I just need to publish a new series.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...