Friday, December 8, 2023

Before & After: From Restaurateur to Waitress

 This book is perhaps the one I have the hardest time spelling, to the point I usually just copy and paste it.  I think when I listed it originally I had to check the dictionary just to make sure I had the spelling right.  I know some people have released books with a typo on the cover, but I didn't want to do that.

Anyway, it's From Restaurateur to Waitress, about a big-time chef who becomes a white trash diner waitress.  The original cover has this blonde in a uniform showing some thigh on a white background:


For the background obviously I wanted to find a diner.  You'd think that might be easy, but it's really not.  The problem is all of these stock photo sites you have to search by keywords.  But a lot of these photos are loaded by people in Russia or Ukraine or somewhere like that.  In other words, people who don't really know English very well.  So you get weird descriptions and keywords that make it really hard to find things.

So when I type in "diner" I get a bunch of weird stuff, like fish on a platter or some damned thing.  Because that's what I meant, right?  It's too bad "AI" isn't any better at understanding simple concepts in English or maybe that could help the search.

Anyway, with a lot more effort than I'd have liked, I found a diner image:

In the background is a blurry Betty Boop for some reason, so I positioned the waitress to cover as much of that as possible without completely erasing the stools and counter.

What's kind of annoying for something like this is the title is longer, so it's harder to fit it in.  Though not nearly as hard as this:

That also was an annoying background to search for because apparently people in Russia or Ukraine don't know what a "gym" is.  Maybe their schools don't have those?

There we go.  One week down and a couple more to go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...