Monday, January 8, 2018

Frozen

I guess I missed the whole Insecure Writer Support Group thing, but I'll be insecure for a moment anyway.

For the last few weeks I haven't done all that much writing.  Part of it was I guess the holidays and having other stuff to do.  But a lot of it is I think this freaking cold winter.  I mean it's been colder than Alaska for the most part the last month or so.  It really makes it hard to go outside and going out to coffee places or  Panera Bread or Arby's or whatever is where I get a lot of writing done.  At home there are just too many distractions to focus much on writing.  Especially from mid-December to New Year's Day with all the college football games on.

New Year's weekend I'd have gone out and done some writing on Saturday and probably Monday, but I hardly went anywhere the whole 3 days.  I only went to Kroger and Rite Aid for some supplies and Panda Express for lunch on Monday.  That's like a whole hour maybe.  And no writing done at all.  Sad.

Saturday I was all set to do some writing despite the cold.  I ran some errands and got lunch and then got a coffee from Biggby.  I sat down to write...and realized the Chromebook's battery was dead and I didn't bring the AC adapter.  (My old netbook I kept a backup cord in the trunk but the Chromebook is too new.)  I got home and plugged it in...and then realized the MP3 player's battery was dead too.  So I fetch a different MP3 player...and spill coffee on my shirt.  The whole universe is against me!

Maybe if it ever warms up again I'll be more motivated to write.  I wish I could do one of those "snowbird" things and just go to Florida or Arizona.  Or maybe Alaska.  It'd still be warmer than here with all this polar vortex shit.

But until it warms up again I be like:

Or maybe I just need a better project to work on, something to get me excited despite the cold.  Yeah, maybe.  I think writing fake Star Wars movies were probably the most excited I've been writing something in months.  Maybe I should waste time and make those into fanfic books that I can't legally make any money on.  Sounds like a real productive use of time.

3 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Sorry abour the insane cold in your part of the country. I remember the bitter cold from when I lived in NY but this sounds much worse. You could write fan fiction, change some of the names and sell it as a major motion picture. It worked for E. L. James.

Maurice Mitchell said...

...your...

Cindy said...

Normally, this kind of weather is better for me for writing as there is more to do outside in the summer. However, I've been down about writing for a few months now, but not because of the weather.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...