Monday, September 3, 2018

Laboring Day II: End of the Year Clearance

If you're wondering, this was the first "Laboring Day" post

With my Eric Filler books I try to release them every two weeks.  I got into doing that after I read that one book about setting up a newsletter and stuff.  The idea is not to overload your readers by having too many new books all at once.  I figure every 14 days or so is usually good enough so they won't forget me but it's not necessarily too much stuff.  No one's told me any different yet.

So a couple of months ago I realized I had a glut of unreleased material.  I made an Excel sheet to plug in the titles and saw I pretty much had enough for the whole year!  If I wrote a Halloween and XMas story that would fill out the schedule until 2019.

I did this by writing 11 stories in the 24 Hour Gender Swap series and 4 in the Dark Gender Swap series (that's 15 books or 30 weeks right there--over half a year) and a few other projects besides.  This freed me up in May-June to write a short novel to conclude the Gender Swap Heroes series.

It also gives me some freedom to work on other, longer projects.  Like Casting Change, which is still a gender swap story but a longer one that's more like a real novel.  It ended up about 65,000 words so kind of a short novel but long for that sort of story.  It'll probably be out this month in Kindle and paperback.

I might even do an actual non-gender swap book!  I've thought of writing my Dognapping story that I wrote about last November.  I thought maybe I'd do that for Nanowrimo if I have the story all worked out by then.

Anyway, happy Labor Day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...