Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Operation Shutdown Begins Friday!

Happy Halloween!  Ready for a trick?

A funny but sad story from sports:  Derek Bell, a veteran outfielder on the Pirates, had a pretty lousy first season with the team.  In spring training the next year everyone but him knew there was a competition for his roster spot.  When confronted by a reporter, he proclaimed he wasn't going to compete for a spot and unless he was made the starter, he'd commence "Operation Shutdown."  It was pretty outrageous--and the last time Bell played professional baseball.

Now it's time to commence my own Operation Shutdown!  Blogging just seems pretty pointless anymore.  I don't have any books under this name so it's not like I need it for marketing.  Hardly anyone seems to read it and even fewer care.  There is at this point only 1 blog I follow that still posts fairly regular and a handful of others that post occasionally. 

I went through my reading list and fully half of them hadn't posted anything at all in over a year.  Many of them hadn't posted in years!  It just seems like blogs are heading the way of CDs, floppy disks, and MySpace.  They're old news.

But I'm not shutting down completely.  I'll still post when I feel like it.  No more schedule--except April.  I'm still going to do the A to Z Challenge next year.  It gives me an excuse to reread all my Robotech books (on Kindle now!) and rewatch the series.  Other than that, fuck it.  Let freedom ring!  Or chaos reign.

Over the next 2 months I'm going to do a Best Of.  Not the ones I think are the best, but the ones the bots think are best.  I'll be counting down the most viewed posts from 26 to 1.  It'll start November 2 and end New Year's Eve!

You scared yet?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I don't blame you, but I will miss your posts. It's hard to tell who is reading because most people don't comment. I don't think a schedule matters. I've seen even well known authors post only when they feel like it.

Arion said...

I agree with Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...