Monday, June 3, 2019

Other Anniversaries

Last month was the 10 year anniversary of the publishing of Where You Belong.  But there are actually some other anniversaries coming up in the next year.

First off, June 2009 (I don't know the exact date) was really the 10th anniversary of the Scarlet Knight series.  I started the first story as kind of a way to blow off steam after WYB.  The first two drafts of the first story weren't very good.  The first had some plot holes and the second I used an unusual POV system that didn't really work out.  But still it was around this time 10 years ago that I was finishing the first story the first time and the second time.  August 2009 was when I started on the second book (the first time).  I know because it was the first story I wrote on my old Toshiba netbook which would also be 10 years old in August.  The third story, Hazards of Love, I also wrote in 2009.

The unrelated story Liberation Front I think came between the first and second Scarlet Knight books so that would be 10 years old in July-ish.

The 4th to 8th stories I wrote in 2010 so their 10th anniversary is next year.  It would also be the 10th anniversary of the prequel Sisterhood.

2020 would actually be the 25th anniversary of the sci-fi story First Contact.  The next two spilled into 1996 originally so they'd be 25 years old in 2021.  One thing I've wanted to do is to write a clean draft of those because there are a lot of grammatical problems like comma splices.  But it's really annoying to try to rewrite something without actually rewriting it.  I mean when I start correcting the grammar I start wanting to make other changes and then I start wanting to redo the whole thing.

It would be nice since I like those stories; a cleaned-up version would maybe let more people enjoy them.

June 2019 is also the 5-year anniversary of Eric Filler's Transformed series.  The first book, Transformed Into a Little Girl, came out at the end of June 2014.  I wrote the first 20 books of that series by the end of the year and there were a few others too, ending I think with The Lipstick Lesbian Elixir.
So 2020 would have a bunch more anniversaries for Eric Filler books.  It'd also be the 5-year anniversary of the P.T. Dilloway novels Another Chance, Justice for All, and Sky Ghost:  Army of the Damned.

2019 is also the 15th anniversary of most of the short stories in The Carnival Papers, though a few came after 2004.  The newest was 2010 so it would be 10 in 2020.

2021 is the 10 year anniversary of the Chances Are books, starting in August of that year.  July of that year would be the 10th anniversary of The Night's Legacy.

2023 would be the 10 year anniversary of the first three Girl Power books, though the short stories and spinoff GAIA:  Rogue State have probably already turned 5.

2021 would also be the 15th anniversaries of Virgin Territory, Higher Power, The Naked World, and The Best Light.
And 2021 is the 15th anniversary of Forever Young, Young Hearts, and When You Were Young.  But the second book, Young Family was completely rewritten in 2012 so it'd be 10 in 2022.

2021 is the 20th anniversary of the short novel Waking Prometheus, which could also use a complete overhaul to fix grammatical errors.

2022 is the 20th anniversary of The Leading Men while 2023 is the 20th anniversary of The Changing Seasons and 2024 is the 20th anniversary of A Necessary Innocence.

I think that covers most of the important ones.

2020 is also the 5 year anniversary of the Andrew Leon Fiasco (TM)

1 comment:

Arion said...

10 years? That's amazing!!
We should always celebrate this kind of anniversary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...