Ten Questions for the Next Big Thing
1. What is the title of your Work in Progress?
2. Where did the idea for the book come from?
It was kind of one of those "what if" questions, ie What if Emma's parents were still alive? And what if she had to choose between them still being alive and the good of the world and whatnot?
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Sci-fi, urban fantasy or whatever
4. Which actors would you chose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Whoever is in the first one. Hah!
5. What is a one-sentence synopsis of the book?
When a change of the timeline brings Emma's parents back to life, she has to decide whether their lives are more important to her than her duty as the Scarlet Knight. (A bit on the wordy side, that.)
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Neither. Presumably it'll be published by the same people who publish the first one, which is about as good as self-publishing it only it takes a lot, lot, lot longer.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft?
Six-eight weeks maybe. It was about 3 years ago so it's hard to remember.
8. What other books would you compare this story to in your genre?
Um, the first one?
9. Who, or what, inspired you to write this novel?
Probably watched too much "Quantum Leap" and so forth.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
That there's just tons and tons of raunchy sex in it! (Not really.)
You're supposed to tag people with this. I'm sure Offutt's already been tagged or will be soon. So I will tag:
Rusty Webb (to give him something to put on his blog)
The latter two I just want to see if they'll do it and which of their 15 blogs they put it on.
There you go. Now you know...and knowing's half the battle!