Friday, May 1, 2015

Revenge of the Themes! Your New Blogging Schedule

I was saying in my last entry that I really do better writing this blog when I have some kind of theme to focus on.  I got thinking about it and thought, what do I give a shit about?  I came up with a few things:
  • Writing
  • Movies
  • TV
  • Books 
  • Superheroes
And writing books about superheroes that will never get to be movies or on TV.

OK, so here's the new schedule:

Monday:  What I'm Watching and/or Reading.  The reading part you can follow on Goodreads and most of it is my own stuff, but whatever.

Wednesday:  Writing Stuff.  Stuff about writing that in some way I've probably said a million times before but you didn't listen then or just assumed you know more than me so I guess I'll say it a million-and-one times.

Friday:  Movies!  I'll preview what movies are coming out that Friday (or Wednesday/Thursday depending on holidays and such), though I won't have seen them and probably won't for months.

Like today I'd be telling you my thoughts on the biggest movie in the world Avengers 2:  Age of Ultron and say that I have absolutely no idea what's going on.  It hasn't really gotten me that pumped up.  Actually I'm more ambivalent.  The way they shoe-horned the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in there seems kind of crappy, especially since they're rewriting the whole backstory.  And then it's like the X-Men where the more characters you jam in there the less time they each get, thus the less developed the characters get except they have to give Robert Downey Jr a lot of time because they paid him like $100 million just to do the movie.

But hey, who gives a shit what I think?  This movie will make like a billion dollars just in the opening weekend.  Maybe like 50 Shades of Grey it'll drop 73% after that, though I doubt it.  What I do know is it will have almost nothing to do with the comic book Age of Ultron because that involves Wolverine and Sue Storm going back in time and killing Hank Pym and none of them are in the movie because the first two are owned by Fox and the latter is Michael Douglas in Ant-Man and so they changed the whole Ultron backstory too, not that it'll matter to anyone but the True Believers.

That ought to get you psyched for the movie, if you haven't seen it yet.

2 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Looking forward to the new schedule Pat. I don't have a problem with them changing backstory if it fits in the MCU better. We'll see what happens.

Cindy said...

I'm glad you're going to be talking about my favorite topic, which is writing of course.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...