Monday, December 26, 2016

The Blog Year in Review

Here's a curious fact:  Before August 10 I only had 2 posts this year with 100 or more views.  Since then every post through November 23rd had more than 100 views, with some having more than 300.  And yet there was no increase in comments, so can I assume it was search bots finding my blog posts?

Here are the posts the bots liked most in reverse order:

The weird thing is they're all clustered together from September 26th through October 14th with the "Goliath" entry as an outlier on October 24th.

Make of that what you will.  Happy 2017, y'all!  (Will it be worse than 2016?  Probably.)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It's bots. I have the same problem with my blog. I was getting around 800 hits a day and close to the same number everyday. It's annoying because you can't even tell what posts were more popular. Not that I post much.

I don't think it's good to start out a year predicting 2017 to be even worse. Attitudes tend to attract whatever you're putting out. If it's negative, you're sure to get negative. I don't always think positive either, so I totally get it, but I do fight against those negative thoughts because if anything they will only make things worse. Here's to a GREAT 2017. Now get working on that best seller. :)

Arion said...

Something similar happens in my blog.

I'm sure 2017 will be better than 2016. Like Cindy said, let's try to be positive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...