As much as I enjoy Christmas music (something that did not change even after I stopped caring about organized religion) there are some songs I just hate. Here's the list--with videos!
1. Santa Baby: Ugh, this song is just grating. Madonna sucks.
2. Feliz Navidad: it's just the same thing over and over again! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...I get it already! Seriously, that's all the song is saying for like 3 minutes.
3. Baby It's Cold Outside: this might seem fine unless you really listen to the lyrics. Basically it's a song about date rape. I mean the girl keeps saying she wants to leave but the guy keeps saying, Naw, come on, stay a little longer and drink some of this booze while you're at it. Pretty damned sleazy if you think about it.
4. Happy XMas (War is Over): This was fine when John Lennon did it, though it's still a pretty depressing song because War is NOT over, nor will it ever be until none of us are left. But nowadays every assmunch "singer" has to have their own cover of it. I mean by now that Gangam Style asshole probably has a version of it. Lennon's got to be rolling over in his grave by now.
5. Do They Know It's Christmastime? Another well-meaning Christmas song, but also another with terrible lyrics. I mean it's written about Africa and they're asking, do they know it's Christmas? Well no, they don't because they're not freaking Christians! Or at least most of them. A lot of them are Muslims even, so they sure as shit don't celebrate Christmas. And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas...really? Ya think in the freaking Sahara there won't be snow? I should hope the hell not.
Anyway, those are the songs I prefer to hear not at all or maybe just every so often. But never by that Gangam Style asshole, Madonna, Justin Bieber, or any other dipshit like that. Ugh.
To even things out a little, here's one song I always enjoy:
If you want to know some other music the Grumpy Bulldog enjoys, reread these posts from last year! This also includes my awesome XMas story: A Grumpy Bulldog Christmas, wherein the Grumpy Bulldog saves the world by making sure it never has to see Prometheus--why didn't I follow through on that in real life?
Remember one commenter gets a copy of A Hero's Journey or We Are Now--your choice!
Monday is another Phony Photo...