When I was reading the Transformed Collection with the first 22 books I wrote for that series, it made me think of where I had written some of the stories.
- The first 11 volumes I wrote in Metro Detroit.
- Volume 12 I started in Port Huron, MI at a Panera Bread. The first story I think I was still working on all the way in Mitchell, SD.
- I finished Volume 12 between Rapid City, SD and Spokane, WA
- Volume 13 I started at a Starbucks in Spokane
- I finished Volume 13 at another Starbucks in Metro Seattle.
- It gets a little hazy then. I must have done Volume 14 between Portland, OR and Salt Lake City, UT.
- I wrote Transformed for Halloween in my first stint in Scottsdale, AZ at a Starbucks across from my motel
- I probably did the first half of Volume 15 between Phoenix and Albuquerque, NM.
- I started the second half of Volume 15 at a Starbucks in Santa Fe, NM that was weird in that it only had outdoor seating. I didn't like their seats so I used my own lawn chair.
- I started Volume 16 at an Arby's in Roswell, NM
- The rest of Volume 16 and then Volumes 17-20 plus Transformed for Christmas I wrote in my second stint in Scottsdale, mostly either at the Starbucks or in my room, using the ironing board for a desk.
- I did start Volume 18 at an Arby's in Scottsdale but got interrupted by a stupid temp agency interview request that was a big waste of time of course.
- In Kalamazoo, MI I wrote The Lipstick Lesbian Elixir and My Rommate Changed Me Into a Goth Girl! Mostly at an Arby's nearby where they started to recognize me when I came in.
- Everything after that I wrote bouncing from Detroit and Saginaw.
Now I'll be based in New Hudson, MI, which is on the western fringe of the Detroit area. There's a park I really like going to there, so maybe I'll do some new writing there on those rare days the weather doesn't suck. If not there's the Arby's, a Starbucks, and a Biggby Coffee in town, so there you go.