Monday, January 25, 2021

Action Figures I Don't Like: Freaky "Zorro"

 A couple of months ago on Wish I was looking around and someone was selling a fairly normal Superman and a "Batman" that had a red chest and arms, sort of like the Zur-en-Arrh one if the arms were red instead of yellow and the cowl and stuff were black.  It wasn't very much and I had a discount code so I said what the hell and ordered it just for fun.


Fast-forward and eventually I get the package in the mail.  I open it up and it's not "Batman" at all!  One side of the package shows Zorro!  And then there's the figure itself which is some kind of weird Zorro-ish thing.  I mean he has a black suit and cape and mask but his hat looks like Heisenberg's from Breaking Bad for some reason.  WTF?



I was seriously pissed off.  I mean I knew I was getting a weird, crappy figure but it was the WRONG weird, crappy figure!  Gah!

As you'd expect, this figure is not really good quality.  The plastic is that really lightweight kind.  If you bend the left leg at the knee you can pop open the whole leg.  And the cape isn't fabric or plastic--it's PAPER!  Zorro is known for using a sword but the weapon he has looks more like a Klingon Bat'leth.  It was probably just something on hand from another figure that they tossed in.

But as you might have figured by now, Wish is pretty much a crap-shoot--as in they shoot a lot of crap.  Sometimes you get something good (like when I got an actual Black Series Sabine Wren for less than on Amazon) but other times you get junk.  Buyer beware.

(And if you're wondering, I wouldn't try to exchange it for the "right" thing since it would probably not be worth the time and effort.) 

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Seeing that thing made me laugh. I would have no idea what it might be without your explanation. The cape kind of looks like duct tape.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...