Monday, January 4, 2021

Action Figures I Don't Like: Mikasa Ackerman (McFarlane Attack on Titan Figure)

I talked about the figures in my collection I like.  But for all the hits, naturally there are going to be some misses.  Not tons of them, so there won't be as many of these.

The first one is Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan.  I don't watch that show or read the manga or anything but I saw her in promos and thought she looked cool.  I first saw the McFarlane action figure at the Sterling Heights Walmart a couple of years ago but didn't buy it.  Later I thought I ordered it from a 3rd party seller on Walmart.com but it turned out to be her brother!  Since it wasn't actually Walmart selling it I had to pay to return the thing, so I basically paid $10 to NOT get a figure.



I eventually got the right one from eBay I think.  Except it turned out to be a disappointment.  First off it's one of those where the legs don't move much; the knees bend but the tops of the legs don't really move so it limits how you can pose her.  Then she has all these accessories that don't really stay in place; the sword thing there doesn't really fit in her hands.  But the worst is that her left arm came out of the socket and won't really go back in.  I'd probably have to glue it into place.

For the effort it took to buy the thing, I was really disappointed with it.  I hope they make a better one so maybe someday I could get that.

1 comment:

Arion said...

sorry to hear it wasn't what you thought it would be ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...