Monday, January 18, 2021

Action Figures I Don't Like: Rocket Raccoon & Spider-Ham

To be honest, I love Rocket Raccoon and Spider-Ham.  Raccoons have always been one of my favorite animals, so Rocket has always been a neat character to me.  And Spider-Ham I thought was neat just because the idea of a Spider-Pig (predating Homer Simpson's by about 20 years) is pretty funny.

What I really don't like is paying $20 for a 3-inch figure.  That's pretty fucking ridiculous.  Though I only paid $5 for Rocket because the Five Below in Westland had a bunch of GOTG2 figures so I wound up getting him and Death's Head II.  The Spider-Ham, though, I paid full price from Meijer in Waterford because I figured if I didn't get him then I'd never see him in a store again and he'd be even more expensive from Amazon or eBay.  Besides the 3-inch figure you get a Venom Build-A-Figure chest and an alternate Venom head that's a pig.  The Rocket one came with a baby Groot and the leg of a full-size Build-A-Figure Groot.


The 6-inch figures in the background give you an idea of scale.

Since I was never going to get all the other figures to complete the Build-A-Figure it was pretty much a waste.  Hasbro does the same stuff with some of the Star Wars ones like droids, Yoda, Jawas, or Grogu (aka "The Child" from The Mandalorian.)  As much as I might like these characters, paying $20 for a half-size figure just seems ridiculous to me.  On clearance or as part of a two-pack or something would at least give you better value.

Unless you have tons of money to throw around you can either buy one regular-sized figure or a half-sized figure.  What do you do?  #ToyCollectorProblems

What sucks is I could have waited until this year (or next year) when they came out with a Spider-Gwen that includes a smaller Spider-Ham from Into the Spider-Verse.  Not that mine is bad; it just makes me feel like a chump paying $20 for half the figure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...