Friday, January 8, 2021

Action Figures I Don't Like: Mystique (Marvel Legends)

 Like the Kingdom Come Superman one this is one I bought a couple of months ago.  In this case I got it from Target as they had a BOGO 50% Off sale.  I got the movie Venom which is pretty neat and since there wasn't much else I got Mystique.  

I'm not sure if this Mystique is the Rebecca Romijn version from the first movies or the later Jennifer Lawrence one.  The likeness to me seems more like the first one, but maybe I'm wrong.  The figure is fine in the standing and articulation.  What annoys me is all she comes with is one white flesh arm.  Why just an arm?  She's a shapeshifter, why doesn't she come with another head?  Like a normal Rebecca Romijn or Jennifer Lawrence head?  Or some other regular human head.  I mean even Zartan in 1983 or so came with a normal bearded face as a disguise.  It just seems like a huge oversight to me.



But what I found out is that her head does come off a lot easier than Kingdom Come Superman's.  I didn't need to boil her or anything.  I just popped it off.  A few months earlier I bought the Gwen Stacey figure that also came with a Mary Jane Watson head.  I put the Mary Jane head on her so I had a Gwen Stacey head free.  It was just the right size to pop onto Mystique so she has a regular human head and arm.  Sweet.  I tried a couple of other heads but the only other one that's the right size is the Ghost head from Ant-Man and the Wasp.  The Mary Jane head I'm sure would also fit if I popped it off her body.

You can pop her hands off and I found Claire Temple's hands fit in there, so she has one hand with sort of Wolverine claw-looking things and another wearing a blue glove.  It's too bad you can't pop off the legs easily or maybe I could switch legs with someone.






It's nice when you can fix the toy company's oversight, though the consumer shouldn't have to do that.  In this case it seemed pretty obvious to me.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Those are rather weird. Not visually appealing at all.

PT Dilloway said...

What's weird and not visually appealing?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...