Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Action Figures I Don't Like: Green Arrow (McFarlane CW TV Show Version)

 Two of my three McFarlane DC Multiverse figures were featured as Action Figures I Like:  Superman (Action Comics #1000) and Azrael (Curse of the White Knight).  The third one I bought, though, I don't really like.

I liked CW's Arrow for its first three seasons and then the whole annoying Ollicity thing dragged it down in the fourth season and I just stopped watching.  There was a Green Arrow figure from the series as part of Mattel's DC Multiverse line but I never saw it in stores and it was too expensive to buy online.  So I was stoked to get the McFarlane version.



If you look close you can see where I scratched at it with a knife to whittle it down to fit in his hand.

And then I was really disappointed.  The likeness is good but unlike the Superman and Azrael ones he doesn't stand all that well.  The quiver on his back turns around easily and the arrows can fall right out.  But the thing that really sucked was his bow wouldn't fit in his hand!  It was a figure that really needed movable fingers because the bow would just not go in his hand.  To make it fit I had to get out a knife and start whittling down parts of the handle until he could actually hold the thing.  It was really annoying and for me pretty dangerous too.  At least I did sort of get him to hold his bow, though maybe not exactly in shooting position.  Close enough!

It was a misstep for the McFarlane line but as they say in Bad Santa:  They can't all be winners.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...