Friday, December 4, 2020

Action Figures I Like: Captain America (WWII Version)

Captain America has always been one of the comic book characters I liked.  So when I saw the Marvel Legends Captain America World War II variant on clearance for $10 at Meijer in Wixom like five years ago, of course I bought it.  


There have been plenty of other Captain America figures since then but I still like this one.  I like the World War II costume; it doesn't look as goofy as the classic one with the scales or whatever they're called and the white feathers on the head and stuff.  This looks more realistic--except it being blue with a star and red-and-white stripes.  

I made a little addition to him by putting goggles from the Solo Chewbacca figure on his head.  He rides a motorcycle and stuff, so goggles would be a good thing for him to have, right?  Since it's an old figure it doesn't really look like Chris Evans but with most of his face covered it doesn't matter much.



I recently bought the more updated World War II version that came in a two-pack with Peggy Carter.  That one has the first shield he used and his original helmet and stuff.  The face looks a lot more like Chris Evans and there's a lot of good detail, but it's more a Steve Rogers figure than a Captain America figure with most of the costume covered.  So I like the other one better.

2 comments:

Christopher Dilloway said...

I was thinking of getting the recent one with Thor's hammer but never did pull the trigger on him. I'm wishing I could find a good Iron Man with RDJ likeness too but all the ones I see around are close but not really or just full IM helmet

Cindy said...

I would've liked to have seen more movies with Captain America during WW2. There could've at least been a trilogy before jumping into the present.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...