Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Action Figures I Like: The Scarlet Knight

I already wrote an entry (or maybe more than one) about my creation of a Scarlet Knight action figure.  Back in 2013 I took a Marvel Legends Hope Summers figure and repainted her red with a yellow cape, hands, and boots.  The result isn't perfect, but to this point I haven't really found another figure to try to replicate the experiment.

The first version I made was the yellow cape, which is Emma Earl's costume from books 1-7.  Then for the hell of it I made a silver cape/hands/feet version that represents Emma's new costume in book 8.  

As far as the Hope Summers figure goes, it's not bad looking.  The raggedy cape isn't really what Emma would wear and she's not exactly wearing armor.  But whatever.  Close enough!



A side experiment I did was to take a 3.5-inch Black Widow figure and put her head on an old Dana Sterling Robotech figure.  Then I fashioned a cape out of an old sock.  Close enough!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...