Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Action Figures I Like: Noxin (Lightseeker Bad Guy)

This is part of a failed toy line called Lightseekers.  I had never heard of it but they had plenty of them at Ollie's stores near me.

The gimmick for these toys was there was a phone app that the figure would connect to.  And you could buy upgrades to the figure to make it more powerful in the game.  For instance the sword Bat-guy wields was sold separately.  There was also a module to make him talk and light up.  And there was a bat backpack to make him fly or whatever.



If you bought all this stuff at regular price on Amazon it would be like $42, kind of a crass way to fleece kids, which apparently they didn't fall for.  Buying all that stuff from Ollie's, it was probably less than $20 altogether.  I didn't buy it all at once either; I bought the figure and then the other stuff at other times I was at Ollie's.  Except since I don't have the phone app game he doesn't really do much.  He did briefly light up and say shit, but then it stopped working.  I don't know what happened.

At Ollie's they had a couple of the good guys too.  One had a triceratops head and another was a fish or something stupid like that.  I didn't really like those.  The bad guy looked way more awesome.  I mean he's got the horns and sword and the bat.  Way better.  If you want to see the others you can look them up on Amazon.

As far as action figures go he doesn't do a whole lot.  The arms move in all directions and the head moves  a little but that's about it.  So long as you don't jostle him too much he stands pretty well; the bat backpack and voice module probably help for counterbalancing him.  He's more in the 7-8-inch range so he's bigger than most of my action figures; he's more Transformers Voyager-class size.

Since I haven't been to Ollie's in 9 months they might still have some of these lying around.  Or not.

1 comment:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Sounds like Ollies is a good place to shop. Too back they’re nowhere near Arizona

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...