Saturday, April 3, 2021

A to Z Challenge: Chewbacca

Chewbacca is one of the rare Star Wars figures where it's hard to make many variations of him.  Since he's pretty much naked all the time, there's not a lot to change.  It's not like the human characters where you have a half-dozen different outfits--if not more.

There are still a couple of slight variations for Chewie figures.

There's one from Empire Strikes Back that comes with the backpack containing C3PO.

There's the one I have from the meh Solo movie that has a different bandolier and weapon

And there's a fairly normal one

But essentially they're all the same hairy alien dude.  Unlike the droids, Jawas, Yoda, and Grogu, Chewie figures are a better value because he's like an inch or so taller than normal figures, about 7 inches instead of 6.  So if you get him at regular price (which can be hard) you're getting a little more for your money.

Raaaawwwr! 

7 comments:

A Tarkabarka Hölgy said...

That Solo movie was definitely meh.
Fun theme! Star Wars was my fandom of origin. I'll come back for more :)
Happy A to Z!

The Multicolored Diary

Iain Kelly said...

Chewy over C-3PO, tough choice! But then they came in a box together!

Arion said...

I didn't know Chewie had a different bandolier in the Solo movie !

Lynnette Forest said...

Love Chewie. The one with the bag of C-3PO parts! Love it.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Very clever. I never thought about the lack of variation. It’s not like he can wear different colored pants

Kalpana said...

Interesting theme. I'm enjoying your commentary.

Operation Awesome said...

I'v never been a huge Star Wars fan, but Chewie was always my favourite character to play when we played Star Wars when I was a kid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...