Wednesday, April 21, 2021

A to Z Challenge: R2D2

 In an "Action Figures I Don't Like" post back in January I mentioned how annoying it is to pay full price for a half-sized figure.  That's why I don't own an actual Black Series R2D2.  The one I have is a cheaper "Galaxy of Adventures" one that's a little smaller but was only like $10 in a pack with BB8 and D0, better than paying $20 for one 3-inch figure.

There was this original one:

And there's one in a 3-pack with R5 and some other droid.


Last year they came out with one from Empire Strikes Back that's all dirty like after he fell in the swamp.

That's pretty much it for those figures though there are always other ones like the old remote control toy we used to have.

3 comments:

Anne E.G. Nydam said...

My husband has one of R5-D8 from way back in the day, that he was given by a clueless relative who didn't understand that there was a difference between this and R2-D2!
Black and White: R for Ruritania

Christopher Dilloway said...

I agree that it is a bit ridiculous to charge full price for essentially half a figure...it was ok back in the day with the late 70s and early 80s when figures were only a couple bucks, but these $20 black series ones no way. Poor R2, Ewoks, and other short characters :(

Timothy S. Brannan said...

R2 was always my favorite.
My youngest has a huge collection of little astromechs. I am always on the look out for any he has missed.
--
Tim Brannan, The Other Side: 2021: The A to Z of Monsters

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...