Thursday, April 8, 2021

A to Z Challenge: Grogu (The Child)

 In 2019 when The Mandalorian premiered on Disney+ it was an instant hit.  Hasbro got caught a little flat-footed in getting out merchandise for the most popular character:  The Child, aka Baby Yoda, aka Grogu, which is his real name from what we learned in season two. 

But by now there are a couple of Grogu figures.  One is only an inch tall, which even with accessories seems like a ripoff.  



And there's an even tinier one that comes with Din Djarin--the titular Mandalorian.

I'm sure they have more on the way with how popular he is.  

Though it's not a Black Series figure, I got an 11-inch plush from Amazon Vine and had him hang out with my Build-A-Bear Pumbaa:


Fun Fact:  The Lion King "live action" was directed by Jon Favreau, who created The Mandalorian, so it's a perfect match!

6 comments:

Walkersvillemom said...

I LOVE him! I had to have a stuffed one, and a couple t-shirts too!

Here from A to Z. Visit me at http://theroadweveshared.com/blog where our theme is Down syndrome in the media.

A Tarkabarka Hölgy said...

I crocheted a Baby Yoda (yes I'm gonna keep calling him Baby Yoda) before any toys were available to purchase. It was a fun project :D

The Multicolored Diary

Iain Kelly said...

The biggest marketing tie in success since the original films - and I have to admit, it's hard not to love him!
https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/08/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-g/

Christopher Dilloway said...

I have the little black series one...I was worried he would be $20 like most of the regular black series figures, but he was only $10. I also have a LEGO one where he rides in a bag on the side of a speeder bike the Mando is piloting. I love Grogu's face when he's riding on a speeder...he's a total speed junkie...maybe he should take up pod racing! lol

Christopher Dilloway said...

Hasbro being under-prepared for the popularity of Grogu reminds me of the first Frozen movie...everyone wanted Elsa stuff but they were churning out Anna and Olaf stuff instead for the first few months until they got it turned around and then Elsa was everywhere in every form, much like Grogu.

Cindy said...

I like all three of these. Maybe someday I'll have a plush Baby Yoda.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...