Monday, April 5, 2021

A to Z Challenge: Darths

 Like Chewbacca, it's hard to have a lot of variation for Darth Vader.  There have been a couple of different figures.  Like one where you could take his helmet off to see his gross regular non-Hayden Christiansen face.  Or another where his helmet is colored bluish like when he was getting electrocuted by the Emperor.




That's pretty much it, though like Optimus Prime or Starscream, Hasbro keeps putting out Vader figures every few years.  And yet I don't have any.  That's really at the top of my list, should I ever find one that's not super-duper expensive.  Somewhere I think I have the original "Power of the Force" one from the mid-90s where Vader looks like he's been hitting the gym and getting into Bane's stash of Venom.

Besides Darth Vader, there are some other Darths.

There is of course Darth Maul from The Phantom Menace:

And there's Darth Revan from one of the games or whatever:

Still, when you think of Darth, Vader is really at the top of the list.

6 comments:

Iain Kelly said...

Yeah, there's really only one Darth, although Darth Maul was a very memorable character, probably one of the best things to come out of the prequels.
https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/05/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-d/

A Tarkabarka Hölgy said...

Lol, "electrocuted Darth Vader" is a very specific toy to put on the market... God bless America :D

The Multicolored Diary

Christopher Dilloway said...

For being one of the most recognizable villains, or Star Wars in general, Vader is a rather boring figure...there's not even a lot of LEGO variations either. I'd like a Vader, but kinda hoping for a really good one from either RotJ or Rogue One but I don't like that "electrocuted" one

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Very cool. I only have my original Darth Vader from Kenner, circa 1979.

--
Tim Brannan, The Other Side: 2021: The A to Z of Monsters

Maurice Mitchell said...

Darth Vader is an iconic villain even without a lot of variation in the costume. I really like the helmet less one. Nice choice

Anne E.G. Nydam said...

I have a little Darth Vader figurine that sits in my curio cabinet along with dolls and figures from around the world. I have to say, he cheers me up! lol
Black and White: D for Dorado

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...