Thursday, April 6, 2023

A to Z Challenge: Etrigan, The Demon

 Yesterday's entry I talked about the Doctors I bought from the McFarlane website.  I also bought "the Demon," who is more commonly known as Etrigan, the Demon in DC Comics.  I don't know when exactly Etrigan appeared but he's usually bonded to a guy named Jason Blood, who's lived since the days of King Arthur or some such thing.

He might have had his own comic at one point or another, but usually he shows up in comics like Justice League Dark or Constantine or stuff like that.  He weirdly shows up in episode of Batman the Animated Series back in the mid-90s.

Usually Etrigan's armor is red, but this New 52 variant has silver armor for whatever reason.  The rest of him looks pretty much like normal:


There is one in the classic red suit from a while back:


While he's shown up in animation, I don't think Etrigan has really shown up in live action yet.  Maybe he was in that Constantine show on NBC I never watched?

1 comment:

C.D. Gallant-King said...

I know he was cut from the Sandman Netflix series, to be replaced by another generic demon (I assume for rights reasons). Which is too bad because I like him as a character.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...