Friday, April 14, 2023

A to Z Challenge: Lex Luthor

For some reason they do not make a Lois Lane figure.  Or a Lana Lang.  Maybe they should do what Marvel did with Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson and make a figure where you can switch heads from Lois to Lana.

But they do at least make some Lex Luthor figures.  The first one I got is the crappy Jesse Eisenberg one from BvS.  It's the bald version in a prison jumpsuit.  I bought it purely for the Doomsday Build-A-Figure part because God knows at the time he was cheap enough:


I guess Mattel must have thought people would love that character because they also made a version of the pre-prison Luthor.  I think he looks more like Adam Driver than Jesse Eisenberg, but maybe that's me:


Later I got the Build-A-Figure pieces to assemble the Lex Luthor in his Superman armor costume from Rebirth comics:


McFarlane made a version of that but obviously I didn't need it.  I did get his nifty power suit thing:


It's shown up in various comics and cartoons and such, though not any live action stuff to my knowledge.  I don't think they've really made a more comics-accurate Luthor in just a suit or his Superfriends costume or anything like that, though I know my brother and I did have the old 3.75" figure in his purple-and-green suit.  It might even be in a bag somewhere.

3 comments:

C.D. Gallant-King said...

Luther has so many weird looks. Did they make of figure the long red hair and beard version from the early nineties? Still less dumb than Jesse Eisenberg.

Chrys Fey said...

That's weird that they don't make Lois and Lana action figures, but, sadly, it's no surprise. sigh

Cindy said...

I like the first Luther the best because he looks more realistic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...