Tuesday, April 11, 2023

A to Z Challenge: Impulse

 I didn't have much of an I entry when I first wrote this.  The problem being there aren't a lot of "I" heroes to start and none of them are Batman or Harley Quinn, so why would anyone make figures of them?  Then I saw this Target Exclusive (sigh) McFarlane figure of Impulse:

Impulse is some relation of Barry Allen's who comes back in time to the "present" and winds up staying there.  His real name is usually Bart Allen.  He's shown up in Flash comics and also Young Justice, I think season 2 and in that comic.  I'm not sure if they used this version in the Flash TV show or if he'll show up in the movie or anything.

I think he pretty much has the traditional speedster powers.  He's also I think supposed to be a genius and kinda cocky about it.  Or maybe not.

While I'm not really familiar with the character, one thing about this figure is they made his costume bright white and I'm pretty sure on TV and in the comics it was more of a cream color.  McFarlane has done that a few times lately like with the Azrael Batman that was really light blue instead of dark blue and the Kyle Rayner Green Lantern that's a weird lime green instead of dark green.  You notice of course it's not the really well-known ones they mess up the color palette on.  Just saying.

Anyway, so it's cool now that there's actually an I entry so I don't have to go with my half-assed entry on the Injustice video game figures.  Which I'm not sure if Impulse is in either of them, but he might be.

1 comment:

C.D. Gallant-King said...

All the Flashes drive me nuts. Impulse, Kid Flash, Reverse Flash, Barry Allen, Jay Garrick, Wally West, and so on and so on. Plus he's way worse than Superman at making up new powers. Not just the fastest man alive, but time travel, phasing through solid objects, rapid healing, vibrate the molecules of his suit to change his costume (that one was particularly stupid)... there's no end to it.

Yeah, it's probably cause it's my wife's favourite character, but Flash is terrible.

I is for Inks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...