Monday, April 17, 2023

A to Z Challenge: Nightwing

 They've made Nightwing figures since at least the 90s.  I remember there was one from the Legends of the Batman series where I got my first AzBats.  Back then he was in his weird costume with the big collar and mullet.


Later figures have had the more tasteful black suit with either blue or red logos.  I would have liked the blue logo that's been more prevalent, but I could never seem to get in on one at the right time where it might be normal price.

The cheapest one to get was a McFarlane "Jokerized" version that I considered buying and popping the head off to replace with a real one at some point:


I did finally find this DC Direct version on Mercari for pretty cheap and while it's the red logo, it's a pretty decent Nightwing figure:

There are of course more of them by Mattel and McFarlane:


Here are three more from the Gotham Knights video game, Titans comic (that they made in place of Starfire or some other character they hadn't already done a bunch of times), and DCeased zombified version:

\Maybe someday I'll get one of those with the blue logo.  Or not.  Whatever.

2 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Nightwing is a great character. He's one of my favorites from DC. I was really surprised as a kid when I found out that Nightwing was Dick Grayson, since the character was (at that time) so old. I mean...Dick Grayson was the original Robin. But that was when I was first getting into comic books, and I learned soon after that comic book characters never age.

C.D. Gallant-King said...

Mother of god, that first figure is terrible. What's going on with his mouth? And why is his hand shaped like he's... you know. Does anyone actually look at these things before they send them off to print? Do they hold it up to a comic panel to see if it even looks like what it's based on?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...