Tuesday, April 25, 2023

A to Z Challenge: Ultraman & the Crime Syndicate

 When I wrote my A to Z Reflections entry last year, I originally remarked I wished they'd make an Ultraman figure so I'd have a U for this.  Guess what?  McFarlane made an Ultraman figure:



Like how Flashpoint Batman is an alternate universe Batman, Ultraman is an alternate universe Superman.  He's from Earth-3, the mirror universe where all the heroes we're familiar with are bad guys.  Ultraman is the head of the Criminal Syndicate, which is the opposite of the Justice League.

Unlike Superman, he basically takes over the planet.  And he's powered by Kryptonite and hates sunlight.  Or maybe not.  It probably depends on the writers, though I know that's been true in the past.

They also made Superwoman, who's like the evil Wonder Woman of that universe:


Her head seems too small for her body, but maybe that's just me.

And there's Owlman, who's like an evil Batman though he looks more like Nite Owl II from Watchmen.


The last one they made is Power Ring, the evil Green Lantern who I guess is based on the John Stewart one.


Maybe someday they will make Johnny Quick (Flash) or not.  These were all exclusive to Target, so if you can't find them there, good luck getting them for a decent price anywhere else.

2 comments:

C. D. Gallant-King said...

That goth Wonder/Super Woman is pretty awesome, except the tiny head. And Owl Man is ABSOLUTELY a repainted Nite Owl figure.

The only Ultraman I remember is from that cheesy "My Secret Identity" show when I was a kid.

PT Dilloway said...

I'd agree with you on Owl Man except I don't think McFarlane or Mattel has made a Nite Owl figure since the movie and that one didn't have hardly any joints.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...