Sunday, April 30, 2023

A to Z Challenge: Zod

General Zod was a villain in Superman comics since 1961, but he wasn't really well-known until he appeared as the main villain of Superman II.  The character was so popular, especially with his "Kneel before Zod!" catchphrase that he continued reappearing in the comics as well as various TV shows.  Later he was played by Michael Shannon in the Man of Steel movie.  There was probably a figure made from that movie--I'm pretty sure I saw one on clearance at my local Walmart but didn't get it--but later on McFarlane came out with a more recent comics accurate version from Rebirth comics:


While Michael Shannon's Zod returns in the Flash movie, they aren't making a figure of him.  A real Superman II version would be neat but there are probably likeness rights issues and whatever.  If you want to learn more, read the Wikipedia page.

That's my A to Z Challenge on DC Comics action figures.  Since I don't collect any other action figures numerous enough for an A to Z Challenge, I have a different topic for 2024.  I've already written the entries and this time they shouldn't need a lot of updating.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it. lol

I've written a fun little event for the "Reflections" thing next week.  It's a 3-day event, so brace yourselves for that.  It starts May 3, continues May 5, and finishes May 8th.

4 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Ok. Zod is a good choice. Zatanna would have been mine, but I am a huge Zee fan.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

And congratulations on completing the challenge!

PT Dilloway said...

I'd rather have a Zatanna too but they don't make a figure of her.

C. D. Gallant-King said...

Congrats on finishing! And already writing for next year's? You're too frigging diligent, dude. Thanks for visiting my blog this month, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...